During the night of Friday Saturday, the rainy episode gave accumulations exceeding 200 mm in the heights of the North and North-East (252 mm collected at the Plaine des Fougres, 250 mm Bellevue Bras-Panon, 211 mm Bras-Pistol ). Good showers also affected the heights of Saint-Paul but the rainy activity will rather continue in the North-East of the department during the day.
The prefecture informs that the rivers of Saint Denis, Pluies, Sainte Suzanne, Roches and Marsouins are placed in yellow flood vigilance. The Saint Jean river goes into orange vigilance.
An Orange level flood vigilance bulletin: risk of major floods has been issued by the hydrological watch unit (CVH), in the following basins: Rivire Saint Jean.
This level of vigilance indicates a risk of floods generating major overflows likely to have a significant impact on community life and the safety of property and people.
Under these conditions, the prefect of La Runion alerted the emergency services and the municipalities concerned.
Individual instructions to populations (Orange or Red Instructions from the Vigilance Bulletin):
– Keep abreast of the evolution of the situation by listening to the information disseminated in the media by the authorities.
– Take cover. Limit all travel unless absolutely necessary and comply with road signs and, in particular, respect the deviations put in place.
– Never attempt to cross, on foot or by car, gullies and rivers in flood or which may suddenly be flooded, as well as submerged riffles.
– Report your departure, your destination and your arrival to your loved ones.
– In flood-prone areas, take all the necessary precautions to safeguard your property against rising water, even in areas rarely affected by flooding. Ensure the protection of property likely to be flooded or swept away (furniture, toxic products, electrical appliances, etc.)
– Be careful with tap water: don’t forget that it can remain undrinkable for at least 48 hours after the rains stop.
– In any case, if the situation of your home requires it (flood zone, edge of ravine, etc.), prepare for the possible evacuation of it.
– Facilitate the work of the rescuers who offer you an evacuation and be attentive
www.ipreunion.com / [email protected]