How and when can you buy a PS5 from Saturn? And is the PlayStation 5 now also available in stores?
Update from November 25, 2021: According to unconfirmed information, there will be another PS5 pre-order campaign in the Saturn.de * stores on Black Friday (November 26th). For a deposit of € 100, a PS5 bundle with additional controller and extended warranty is sold for € 639 – but only while stocks last. Collection should be possible before Christmas.
Please note the daily reporting in the PS5 ticker.
Update from October 18, 2021: As at the beginning of September, it has been possible since last Friday to pre-order the PlayStation 5 in selected (not all!) Saturn stores against a down payment. The continuously updated PS5 waiting list city list can be found here.
You will receive the latest information about the PlayStation 5 situation in Germany, Austria and Switzerland every working day in our PS5 ticker. We will also inform you on our Twitter channel through at least medium-sized sales campaigns in German retail.
As of November 25, 2021
Even one year after its market launch, buying a Sony PlayStation 5 remains a real challenge: you can only order the console at the list price in the relevant online shops at certain times – so good luck and good timing are still required.
Apart from MediaMarkt, there are the largest quantities of PS5s in German retail according to our surveys at Saturn (more precisely: on saturn.de *). In other words: Here you have a good chance of finally getting hold of the coveted next-generation console.
We’ll explain to you how buying a PS5 at Saturn works – and which mistakes you should avoid.
- Like most of its competitors, Saturn only offered the PS5 in the online shop * – but that was only valid until August. Have in September and October Additionally Pre-order campaigns took place in the markets, which, however, were not publicly communicated and certainly not advertised.
- The PlayStation 5 is only available on specific working days and only at specific times (so-called ‘drops’). Saturn and other retailers do not announce these time slots in advance.
- Saturn didn’t sell any PS5 consoles at all in April and May. Since June the choreography has looked like this:
Wednesday, June 2, 2021 – from 10 a.m.
Monday, June 14, 2021 – from 10 a.m.
Tuesday, June 29, 2021 – from 10.15 a.m.
Thursday, July 8, 2021 – from 10:45 a.m.
Thursday, July 29, 2021 – from 11:15 a.m.
Friday, August 6, 2021 – from 11 a.m.
Monday, August 30, 2021 – from 12 noon
Thursday, September 24, 2021 – from 10:30 a.m.
Tuesday, October 5, 2021 – from 11 a.m.
Thursday, October 21, 2021 – from 10:45 a.m.
NEW Tuesday, November 16, 2021 – from 11:15 a.m.
- We learn: There are one to three weeks between the individual Saturn ‘drops’.
- Second lesson: The typical time windows of Saturn are Monday through Friday between 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. It has until now It is not worth speculating on a PS5 on saturn.de * in the early morning hours (before 9 a.m.) or in the late afternoon.
- On weekends and on public holidays there are usually no PS5 sales campaigns (neither at Saturn nor at other providers).
- A leading indicator are PS5 drops at the sister company MediaMarkt: If there are fresh consoles on mediamarkt.de *, Saturn usually follows shortly thereafter (and vice versa).
- Be prepared for the fact that in addition to the ‘bare console’ for 399.99 euros (digital edition *) or 499.99 euros (disc model *), increasingly higher-priced bundles are being offered – that is, combinations of console plus game or accessories.
- Because everything has to go very quickly in the event of a ‘drop’, we recommend that you set up a customer account in advance and store all relevant data there: address, means of payment, preferred branch.
- Put all the desired models and bundles on the watch list (only works if you are logged in – see list below).
- The sales campaigns usually extend over a certain period of time – often an hour or more. Don’t let yourself get caught up in this phase “Not available”– Fade-ins unsettle, because the contingents are activated and sold in blocks.
- It can and will happen that the name of the desired branch or the “In the cart”Button is grayed out. In this case, according to our impression, there is little or no point in changing the pick-up location – the decisive factor is the quota that is available nationwide in total. Instead, you should update the website regularly while the drop is running – but allow a few minutes to pass each time, otherwise the IP address may be temporarily blocked.
- If you manage to move individual consoles into the shopping cart, you should not delete this entry if possible or switch to other PS5 packages. The reason: Once the console is in the shopping cart, there is a remaining chance that the order will still be processed in the event of any cancellations / latecomers or the next PS5 sale.
The latest developments on the German-speaking PlayStation 5 market can be found in the PS5 ticker (updated daily from Monday to Friday). As soon as the PS5 is sold at Saturn, we will also inform you immediately on our Twitter channel.
Saturn offered these bundles and consoles in the first eleven months of 2021:
- NEW PS5 + Ghost of Tsushima for 569.99 euros *
- PlayStation 5 + additional controller for 564.99 euros *
- PlayStation 5 + media remote control for 429.99 euros *
- PlayStation 5 for 499.99 euros *
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition for 399.99 euros *
- PlayStation 5 Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Bundle for 569.99 euros *
- PS5 + Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart für 569,99 Euro*
- PS5 + Demon’s Souls + Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales für 584,99 Euro*
- PS5 Digital Edition + 90 days PS Plus for 424.99 euros *
- PS5 Digital Edition + 2nd controller for 459.99 euros *
- PS5 + Returnal + Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales for 629.99 euros *
- An overview of the available PS5 consoles at Saturn *