Battlefield 2042 has been available for a little over a week now and the least we can say is that the title is not unanimous. Many players point the finger at the various concerns of the game and other missing features yet present on the old games.
To correct the situation, DICE is offering its second update which will be available today, and certainly at the end of the day. You will find below the detail of the main changes of this new corrective patch while a third more substantial update will be available at the beginning of December.
Read also: Test – Battlefield 2042 – This is not the Battlefield we expected
Update # 2 details
- The bullet propagation distance has been reduced for all weapons except shotguns. This should translate into better accuracy while playing.
- The PP-29’s vertical recoil has been increased so that the weapon does not perform too well when used outside its combat range.
- Fixed an issue where players killed near obstacles such as walls or water could not be revived.
- Fixed cases where players were stuck in an immobilized state and could not respawn. We have also introduced a hidden timer which will activate after 30 seconds of immobilization and which will force a redeployment if necessary.
- 20mm guns mounted on the MD540 Nightbird: We are reducing the radius in which bullets do impact damage and decrease their scatter damage.
- Reduced explosion radius size from 3 to 2
- Reduced explosion radius damage from 1.5 to 0.75.
- KA-520 Super Hokum – 30mm Cannon (Side Mount) – We reduce overall damage and the distance bullets do maximum damage, while increasing the overall range of bullets.
- Reduced explosion radius from 2 to 1.6
- Reduced damage from 20 to 14
- Reduced bullet damage before damage drop started from 18 to 15
- Drop height causing damage changed from 200 to 180.
- Reduced bullet damage at max drop distance from 8 to 6.
- Increased range and extent of bullets
- AH-64GX Apache Warchief and KA-520 Super Hokum – 30mm cannon – we are reducing the radius in which bullets do impact damage and decrease their splash damage.
- Reduced explosion damage from 20 to 18.
- Increased damage drop for enemies that are further from the center of bullet impact.
- We have reduced the overall damage of the minigun for all ground vehicles
- Reduced bullet damage before damage drop started from 18 to 13.
- Drop height causing damage changed from 60 to 40.
- Reduced bullet damage at maximum drop distance to 6.
- The LCAA hovercraft’s armor has been changed, increasing its vulnerability to different types of weapons.
- Battlefield Portal – UAV-1
- UAV-1 has been reactivated in Battlefield Portal.
- Significantly reduced health regeneration time and speed.
- Increased missile damage against vehicles and infantry.
- The drone is now able to kill enemies on the road.
- Breakthrough matches now end correctly after capturing the last sector.
- Fixed an issue that caused players waiting for a match in Battlefield Portal to return to the menu, instead of joining the match when a slot became available.
- General stability improvement to avoid rare game crashes.