The Halo Infinite beta is about to be offered to players, or at least test sessions, also called technical previews or technical previews! But to have a chance to participate, you have to be part of the Halo Insider program. Here we explain how to register and what is the content of the Halo Infinite test / beta phases which will begin this Thursday, July 29.
When and when does the Halo Infinite beta kick off?
By inviting players to sign up for the Halo Insider program, 343 Industries is preparing to launch the first flights for a selection of people to test Halo Infinite.
As we indicated to you a few weeks ago, the technical previews will start well at the end of July, and more precisely this Thursday, July 29! Several phases will be launched and the first is good for this week and for a period of 4 days.
- Beta Halo Infinite Phase # 1 – July 29 to August 1 (August 2 in mainland France)
- Beta Halo Infinite Phase # 2 – date to come
The Halo Infinite beta will be playable as of this Thursday, July 29 and until Monday, August 2, 2021 metropolitan French time for all those who have received an invitation. To allow more people to find games, the developers at 343 Industries invite you to join them on the dates and times below.
- Thursday July 29: Launch of the Halo Infinite Tech preview in the evening / night
- Friday July 30: from 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Saturday July 31: 4:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Sunday August 1: 4:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Monday August 2: End of Tech Preview at 7:00 p.m.
The first invitations for this first flight have already left so check your mailboxes. The subject line is “Halo Infinite – Multiplayer Technical Preview”. It is not possible to pre-download the beta in advance.
What is the Halo Infintite Beta (Tech Preview) for?
Halo Infinite is the most ambitious title ever created by the developers and to anticipate the release of the game at the end of the year, they want to carry out technical tests to make sure that everything works correctly. Here are the main issues in the Halo Infinite beta.
- To test the services behind the game at scale
- To collect tons of real-world data on PC gamer hardware configurations
- To collect feedback from participants
Note that the version of Halo Infinite that will be available for this test is based on a build (version of the game) that dates from May.
What is the content of the Halo Infintite Beta (Tech Preview)?
With Halo Infinite slated for release at the end of the year, developers are going to need more data to make sure everything works as expected on launch day, especially since Halo Infinite’s multiplayer mode will be free to play. , and that it is therefore likely to attract many more people than before.
BOT SLAYER : Bot Slayer mode (Assassin in French) presents 4 players competing against 4 Bots (IA) on one of the three maps of Halo Infinite. Please note that although players can team up online, split screen is not supported in this version. Bots use 343 Industries dedicated servers in a different way than standard matchmaking, and the developers want to verify that everything is going well.
The developers specify that they will give access to this mode with a single card initially, and in the lowest bot difficulty mode. The more players take down the bots, the more access the developers will give to new things and new maps.
SOCIAL ARENA : If developers are able to meet engagement goals with mode Bot Slayer before the end of the Tech Preview, they will unlock this good old 4v4 Assassin mode. If this phase is reached, expect this mode to be available during the last phase of the beta, i.e. Sunday evening or Monday morning for France, and expect there to be a few potential issues in the experience.
Weapon Drills : This is not a classic game mode but an experience that is part of the Spartan Academy. It is actually about testing the different weapons in the game against bots. Not all weapons from the end game will be available, here are the ones that will be offered for testing in this first beta of Halo Ininite:
- MA40 ON
- MK50 Sidekick
- CQS48 Bulldog
- VK78 Commando
- S7 Sniper
- Plasma Pistol
- Pulse Carbine
For this first technical beta phase, three Halo Infinite maps will be playable.
- Live Fire
Battle Pass Halo Infinite
This first test phase will not only focus on the gameplay, but also on the menus and the Battle Pass, as well as the new Waypoint experience on the Web, iOS and Android.
Halo Insiders members will thus be entitled to Halo Infinite Credits (cR) which they can spend as they wish in the game’s beta. This will give a first glimpse of what the Halo Infinite Battle Pass is and what it offers as content.
Note that nothing that is unlocked during the Halo Infinite beta will be kept for the final game on your profile. Everything is still in work-in-progress and does not necessarily reflect what will be available in the game when it releases at the end of 2021. This includes the cost of customizations and available cosmetics, but also the order in which the items are unlocked or the XP collected in the challenges.
Bugs and Known Issues in Halo Infintite Beta (Tech Preview)
Since this beta is based on a version of the game that dates back to May, the developers are already aware of some issues that will be fixed by launch. It’s part of the experience, and that’s why it’s not the end game. Here is the list of the few problems already identified by the developers.
- AMD gamers should ensure that the AMD graphics driver is version 21.6.1 or later. Older versions are not compatible with this version of the game and may cause significant performance and / or stability issues.
- We have a pesky Matchmaking bug that can prevent a player from joining a session and they end up going back to the main menu. When this happens, the match continues, but you may miss a player in your game for a brief period until another player joins in progress.
- We know and follow a few different problematic scenarios, although the overall average failure rate is well below our goals. We are particularly interested in getting more crash logs from a wider range of platforms as stability work continues internally.
- Various situations can cause stuttering, desynchronization, and other abnormal behaviors in play.
- Sometimes player scores will not appear on the victory screen at the end of the match and / or the post-match carnage report may not load after some matches.
- Rarely, a player can start a match without being able to see their own weapon and have a reduced sound volume.
- Rarely, a player’s melee attack may not register as intended.
- Sometimes after pressing A on the title screen, it will take a while for the Challenges, Personalization, and Commerce screens to appear on the main menu.
How to sign up for Halo Insider
The first thing you need to do to have a chance of being selected to play Halo Infinite in advance is to register for the Halo Insider program. Be careful, because you have to be of legal age.
- Go to the registration page
- Follow the instructions and fill in the information
- Validate the console step and the PC step
- Accept the confidentiality agreement
Once all the steps have been validated, you will receive an email entitled “Welcome to Halo Insider”. It confirms enrollment in the program, but does not guarantee access to game sessions or a Halo Infinite beta. The registration screen for these technical previews will then look like the image below.
What is the Halo Insider program? What is a flights?
The Halo Insider program is used by developers to gather information and have a panel of players test certain features of Halo games before the release.
The program then launches flights, in other words game sessions planned on PC or console (technical previews), with a panel of players chosen according to different criteria. Flights are pieces of the game or in-development versions of the game designed to test certain features and achieve specific goals before the games are officially released. While the team always strive for the best possible experience, the very nature of a flight means that these versions will contain bugs (some known, some not) and incomplete feature sets.
How to be chosen for a flight?
Registered players will be selected based on a number of factors to align with the specific goals and needs of the flight.
These can include factors such as familiarity and content preferences, availability, and PC hardware specifications. If selected, you will receive an email with all the necessary instructions on how to get the game version and when, where and how to participate in the organized sessions.
Note that actively participating in flights often gives priority access to the following flights. Those who do not actively participate can be removed from future flights. The point here is to help developers with feedback so that the game can be improved and meet expectations.
Members of the Halo Insider program who apply for console testing may be invited to participate in early access testing sessions for Halo games in development. As each test has very specific objectives, not all members will systematically participate in all sessions. To increase your chances of selection, make sure your Halo Insider profile is complete and accurate.
-> All about the Flighting of Halo Infinite