INFOGRAPHICS – The Delta variant is gaining ground as most countries in Europe ease restrictions on summer vacations. French people who have been vaccinated or have a negative test can travel there, even if the government “advises against” it. The European health pass entered into force on 1is July. Stays on other continents, in countries classified in green or orange, are possible for vaccinated tourists only.
Opening of borders, health pass, deconfinement … The context
- Vaccinated or not, the French can travel to most European countries this summer, under conditions that may change depending on the Delta variant. A growing proportion of European countries, however, exempt vaccinated tourists from testing.
Read also :Travel abroad: the deadlines to respect once vaccinated or cured of Covid-19
Read also :Travel to Europe: from what age should children take a PCR or antigen test?
- Southern European destinations are counting on the return of international tourists this summer. Italy, Greece, Croatia … are easing health restrictions. Portugal and Spain, facing an outbreak of the Delta variant, are taking action again.
- Since June 9, the French authorities no longer impose compelling reasons on vaccinated tourists who go to countries classified as green (including all of Europe to date) and orange.
- But each state remains sovereign to define its own restrictions. Classified as “green”, Japan or the United States do not accept, for example, the arrival of French tourists.
- Tourism is not a compelling reason, it remains impossible for the unvaccinated to travel beyond Europe with the exception of Lebanon.
- In France, the tourism industry is preparing for a Franco-French summer vacation. The thirst for travel being strong and the epidemic receding, a “revenge tourism” is nevertheless likely.
SEE ALSO – Covid-19: how long will the health pass last?
The drafting of Figaro lists the travel conditions for French tourists in two interactive maps. One on Europe, the other on extra-European countries.
Checks at airports, PCR or antigen tests required, quarantine or isolation … This information is verified with several official sources (local authorities, embassies, France Diplomatie website). They are updated daily.
Return conditions in France
Since June 9, France has again authorized tourist travel beyond Europe. But the modalities vary depending on the health situation in third countries and the vaccination of travelers. The Hexagon thus classifies the countries of the world in three colors (green, orange and red). Please note: traveling to these countries is not automatic.
The color also determines the conditions of return to France. Vaccinated travelers returning from State of the European space (European Union,
This article is for subscribers only. You have 98% left to discover.
To cultivate one’s freedom is to cultivate one’s curiosity.
Continue reading your article for € 1 the first month
Already subscribed? Log in