The Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S are the official consoles of Battlefield 2042. Electronic Arts announced this in a press release with other partners for the launch of its flagship game on October 23. But what does this mean exactly? Will the game be prettier on Xbox? Will he be entitled to exclusive benefits on Microsoft consoles? Xbox explains why.
The Battlefield 2042 Partner List
Electronic Arts took advantage of its new game to partner with various partners this year, here is the list.
- Battlefield 2042 Official Console Partner – Xbox : EA and Xbox have teamed up to make the Xbox Series X | S the official consoles of Battlefield 2042.
- Battlefield 2042 Official PC Graphics Partner – NVIDIA : EA and DICE’s partnership with NVIDIA will ensure the ultimate PC experience with next-generation GeForce RTX gaming technologies, the AI performance boost of NVIDIA DLSS and NVIDIA Reflex low latency mode.
- Official Battlefield 2042 PC Peripheral Partner – Logitech : EA and Logitech will work together so gamers can integrate Logitech into their hardware, including LIGHTSYNC technology for peripherals and audio presets with an equalizer optimized for Logitech headsets.
- Battlefield 2042 All-Terrain Partner – Polaris : EA and Polaris have teamed up so players can have the opportunity to pilot authentic Polaris vehicles in Battlefield 2042, including the Polaris Sportsman ATV.
- Battlefield 2042 Official Gaming Storage Partner – WD_BLACK™: Western Digital and EA’s WD_BLACK brand are committed to providing Battlefield 2042 players with the best possible gaming experience for its expansive world of immersive and realistic maps and dynamic gameplay.
What does this mean for Xbox?
Whether the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S are the official consoles for Battlefield 2042 is questionable. It is not uncommon for publishers to partner with console manufacturers for the launch of their game, but talking about “official consoles” is undoubtedly a first.
Most often, it is mainly commercial agreements so that a game puts forward one platform rather than another during all its communication. This goes right down to the details of the collector’s editions where the Xbox, PlayStation and PC game boxes are displayed in a particular order according to the game’s platform in order to highlight the partner.
For example, Sony and PlayStation have had a partnership with the Call of Duty franchise for a few years, with the PS4 and PS5 being highlighted in all communications as well as advanced and / or exclusive content. We could also cite the marketing deal between Xbox and Ubisoft on Far Cry 6, or the one on Cyberpunk 2077 last year where the Xbox platform was highlighted everywhere.
That Xbox be the partner of [-mot3535] has been evident since the first moments when the game was announced, and even the weeks preceding the announcement since everyone went from their little tweet to each communication about the game. But today, we know what Electronic refers to Arts in discussing the Xbox Series X | S as the official consoles of Battlefield 2042, through Josh Munsee, Senior Marketing Manager at Xbox.
Xbox Series X | S are the official (NOT exclusive) consoles of Battlefield 2042.
I am very excited to collaborate with the EA team once again on an amazing game and plan some exciting marketing content.
Asked about the very precise question of “official consoles”, he clarified that this included « marketing, branding, des captures de gameplay, etc »
There is therefore ultimately nothing very new following this name and we can simply expect that Xbox will be highlighted in each communication around the game. If a beta of Battlefield 2042 were to be launched, we could also expect it to be available ahead of Xbox or on an exclusive basis. Considering what has been going on in recent weeks, it is also easy to imagine that Xbox and EA will be setting up other events around the game in the coming months. How about an Xbox controller in the colors of Battlefield 2042, or even a collector’s console?
The next dates for Battlefield 2042 are set for July 8 at 7:00 p.m. with appearances of Apex Legends and Battlefield 2042 as well as July 22 at the same time for EA Play Live where a brand new game mode will be announced.