The 24×36 Panasonic Lumix S5 hybrid drops to the price of € 1,700 at Amazon thanks to a reduction coupon of € 300 on the kit including the 20-60 mm zoom. The price is rather interesting and is rarely seen so low.
If the offer is not part of the Prime Day promotions that require subscribing to the online store service, you must still activate the discount coupon yourself by checking the box provided for this purpose. Be careful, however, this type of operation is often very limited, the reduction generally only remaining available for a short period.
- Construction and ergonomics
- Personalization functions
- Resistance to humidity and dust
- Sensitivity management
- Full photo and video mode
- Stabilized sensor
- Effective eye and face tracking
- Touch screen on ball joint
- Microphone, headphone jack and dual storage location
- Shooting while feeding
What might hold you back
- Complex to understand
- Autofocus technology with contrast detection sometimes behind
- Autofocus in video and low light that lacks responsiveness
- Electronic shutter limited to 1/8000 s in photo
- Cropping at 60 fps in 4K UHD
- Internal recording in enKK / UHD 60 i / s 4: 2: 2 10 bits
As an alternative choice, we can look at the Fujifilm X-T4 which is priced at € 1,499, and therefore more affordable than the Lumix S5. The X-T4 is also an excellent device, although the video functions are a little less developed than on the Lumix S5. Above all, it is the smaller APS-C type sensor that makes a real difference here.