We deplore the death of a new victim of the covid crisis that occurred during this weekend and we see an increase in the number of people hospitalized in Guyana.
The total number of deaths has been 142 since March 2020 with a marked acceleration in recent weeks. While infections seem to be decreasing slightly, hospitalizations are not going down. 90 people are treated in conventional services and 38 patients are in intensive care. Guyana is very close to its saturation point for intensive care beds (40). 2,480 tests were performed in 72 hours and 197 people tested positive for covid.
In terms of vaccination, Guyana is progressing slowly and has 28,664 people vaccinated.
This morning the territorial scientific council was alarmed by this situation, highlighting the resumption of the epidemic on the island of Cayenne, Kourou, Macouria and Saint-Laurent du Maroni.
At the borders in Amapa and Suriname
- 115,607 cumulative cases (+1 874 in 1 week) and 1,794 deaths (+43) in Amapá as of June 20
- 5,126 positive cases (+42), 45 deaths (+1) at Oiapoque
- 20,025 cumulative cases (+1 915 in 1 week) as of June 20 in Suriname
- 252 (- 12) hospitalized patients
- 36 (+1) patients in intensive care
- 460 (+67) deaths