No information has been given so far on the profile of the two arrested. They were taken into custody in Lyon after the death of a man thrown into the Rhône from a city bridge on the night of Saturday to Sunday, the Lyon public prosecutor’s office said on Friday.
“At the end of the police custody, two people will be referred tomorrow (editor’s note: Saturday) to the prosecution of the judicial court of Lyon for the opening of a judicial investigation of counts of intentional homicide, for the first and non- prevention of crime and non-assistance to a person in danger for the second, ”he said in a statement.
“Voluntarily projected” from the bridge
The facts took place at 2 am on the night of June 12 to 13, in the 7th arrondissement, when the victim “would have been deliberately thrown” from the Guillotière bridge, which spans the Rhône, “following a altercation ”, according to the elements of the investigation and the exploitation of the video surveillance of the city. A call for witnesses was also launched by the departmental security to collect any testimony useful to the investigation.
“The investigations carried out by the departmental security of the Rhône have allowed the placement in police custody of individuals suspected of being involved in these facts,” added the prosecution. The body of the victim was discovered Wednesday in the Rhône. It is “in the process of being identified”. The man could be homeless, from Morocco.