If wearing a mask outdoors is now lifted, in Puy-de-Dôme, it will remain mandatory in certain situations, the prefecture announced in a press release. Here are the circumstances under which you will need to wear the mask.
Wearing a mask outdoors is no longer mandatory since June 17, as announced by the government. However, in Puy-de-Dôme, the prefecture has taken steps to ensure that it is worn in certain circumstances.
In the Puy-de-Dôme department, wearing a mask remains compulsory in the following places and areas:
- Outdoor markets, flea markets, unpacking sales and similar events.
- All gatherings organized on the public highway (protest demonstrations, festivals, street performances, etc.)
- In queues outside in front of an establishment open to the public (access to a stadium, a show, etc.)
- On the public highway, within a maximum perimeter of 50 meters, in front of the entrances and exits of stations (rail and bus) and airports, educational establishments and places of reception of minors, at the times of entry and exit of these establishments.
In addition, the sale of take-away alcohol remains prohibited throughout the Clermont Auvergne Métropole agglomeration, even as an accompaniment to meals, if said drinks are not sold in hermetically sealed containers (cans, bottles). This prohibition does not apply to the consumption of alcohol in restaurants and drinking establishments.
Supervised Music Festival
Other prohibitions are put in place by the prefecture during the Fête de la Musique, Monday, June 21:
The following will not be authorized throughout the department:
- Concerts not declared in town hall and organized impromptu on the public highway from Sunday June 20 at 6 a.m. to Tuesday June 22 at 6 a.m.
The following will not be authorized on the entire territory of the municipalities of Clermont-Ferrand and Riom, from Monday June 21 at 5 p.m. to Tuesday June 22 at 6 a.m.
- The sale of third and fifth category alcoholic beverages to take away
- The consumption of alcohol in public meetings, outside the places reserved for this purpose
- The sale, possession and use of fireworks, rockets and firecrackers of categories F2, F3 and T1
- The possession, transport or sale of fuel in portable containers, except for a duly justified private use procedure.
The wearing of the mask will be exceptionally compulsory, from Monday June 21 at 5 p.m. to Tuesday June 22 at 6 a.m., in the historic city center of Clermont-Ferrand as well as the old Montferrand.
Continue reading on these topics