Giroud’s party with Benzema, Guardiola accused of theft, Kant incense on all sides, Ibrahimovic smashes Donnarumma, Kita was close to death … Discover the shocking sentences of the week.
Giroud and Benzema have made peace.
Every Saturday, Maxifoot invites you to take a tour of the ten statements of the week that should not be missed. Serious and at least serious to know the best of the little phrases of the players of the round ball. Discover the ranking of all the statements that made the headlines in the press this week.
1. Olivier Giroud, on Karim Benzema in case of coronation of the Euro – We will both go and celebrate on a karting circuit, we will take a nice photo (Le Figaro, 6/4/2021)
Compare one karting over there F1 Benzema 14 months ago, the Chelsea striker was a great lord at the time of the reunion with the Merengue in the France team.
2. Lothar Matthus on Pep Guardiola – He stole the Champions League from the club and the fans with his roster. Now he has to listen to harsh criticism from all quarters. (…) Why did he cart Rodri and / or Fernandinho, aligning six offensive players, while doing without a center forward? (Sky Germany, le 2/06/2021)
Beaten by Chelsea (0-1) in the Champions League final, Manchester City’s coach finds himself at the center of criticism for having once again opted for an astonishing eleven without a defensive midfielder or true center-forward.
3. Olivier Giroud, on N’Golo Kant – It is standard. He recovered 50 balloons, he hurt them … I don’t know what to say, this guy is amazing. He runs everywhere, makes differences, fills gaps, collects balloons. With him, we have the impression of being 12 in the field (RMC Sport, 05/30/2021)
Again phnomnal against Manchester City (1-0) in the final of the C1, the midfielder of Chelsea does not stop bluffing his world.
4. Zlatan Ibrahimovic on Gianluigi Donnarumma – I am very happy. You asked me before if players win too much, now I ask a question: what is the value of Donnarumma? He grew up in Milan, he could have been the team’s goalkeeper for twenty years, maybe not twenty because he’s not Ibra (laughs). (…) Could he have become Mr. Milan, like Paolo Maldini? There is no measure (La Gazzetta dello Sport, 06/04/2021)
Not reached an agreement to extend, the young goalkeeper is preparing to leave his training club at the end of his contract. A choice that the Scandinavian glove has difficulty digesting …
5. Joe Cole – I played with Claude Makelele and thought he was the best in this post until I watched N’Golo Kant. It’s a stronger Makelele (BBC, 2/06/2021)
Elected man of the match the first leg and back in the semi-finals and then in the final of LdC, the Frenchman would establish himself as a credible contender for the Ballon d’Or in the event of a successful Euro.
6. Waldemar Kita – They are thugs! (…) It’s a tragedy what happened last week, we bury a guy alive. We bury a whole family, a whole club. The police were there, you journalists were there, and you did nothing? What are you waiting for? That there is a death? This is what almost happened yesterday. A quarter of an hour before I left, but if I had stayed there … They came for that. (…) There must be a death, it will not happen otherwise. It’s almost impossible (Tlnantes, 05/31/2021)
Following the symbolic burial of FC Kita in a coffin and despite being in Ligue 1, supporters made a violent intrusion in Beaujoire and the president of FC Nantes sounded the alarm.
7. Damien Comolli, president of Toulouse, to the referees – You stole the ride from us! You were scandalous! (images captured by Canal +, on 05/30/2021)
Out of himself after the insufficient victory Nantes (1-0, 1-2 the first leg) in the L1 / L2 play-offs, the manager coped with 4 games of suspension following his remarks.
8. Zindine Zidane – I’m leaving because I have the impression that the club no longer gives me the confidence I need (…) But here a very important thing has been forgotten, everything that I have built on a daily basis has been forgotten. (…) There are human beings, emotions, life and I have the feeling that these things have not been valued, and that it has not been understood that the dynamics of a great club are maintain as a. Mrs, in a way, I was criticized (AS, 05/31/2021)
After leaving the Real Madrid coach, the French technician settled his accounts
9. Raymond Domenech on Juninho – Each has its place. The sports director must intervene if the coach asks him to. But not behind his back. (…) If he is graduating and wants to be a coach instead of a coach, all those who will arrive until he has graduated, there will be problems . The real problem for OL now will be this positioning of the sports director who wants to be caliph instead of the caliph (BFM TV, no 31/05/2021)
While Rudi Garcia left OL partly because of his strained relations with the Brazilian, Domenech is not giving much of the skin of his successor Peter Bosz …
10. Karim Benzema, on Didier Deschamps – I think I told him before. Do you want me to say it here? Thank you Didier (laughs) (Press conference, 05/30/2021)
The striker recalled in Blue for the Euro after five and a half years of absence, the tensions of the past are definitely forgotten between the two men!
It is on this statement that the Top Statements of the week ends. See you next Saturday for a new issue!