JUSTICE – The boss of the paparazzi agency BestImage Mimi Marchand was indicted on Saturday. She is suspected of “witness tampering” in the case of the alleged Libyan financing of Nicolas Sarkozy’s presidential campaign.
TG with AFP – 2021-06-05T13:01:07.188+02:00
“Mimi“Marchand caught up with the case of the alleged Libyan financing of Nicolas Sarkozy’s campaign. The boss of the paparazzi agency BestImage was indicted on Saturday, in particular for “witness tampering“, announced his lawyer on Saturday.
All the info on
Libyan case: Sarkozy indicted
This figure of the press people, close to the Macron couple, was taken into custody on Thursday. In question ? A judicial investigation opened after an interview granted last November by Ziad Takieddine to a journalist from the weekly Paris Match, who had visited Lebanon with a photographer from BestImage. In this interview given in November 2020, Ziad Takieddine withdrew his statements against Nicolas Sarkozy, after accusing him of having received money for his presidential campaign from the Libyan leader Muammar Gadhafi. “The truth is breaking out“, the former head of state immediately triumphed.
“She just organized the photos and the interview”
Two months later, situation changed. Asked on January 14 in Beirut by investigating judges Aude Buresi and Marc Sommerer, in charge of the Libyan case, the intermediary said he did not confirm “not the words” of the interview, claiming that they had been “deformed“by Paris Match, who “belongs to a friend of Sarkozy”.
For her lawyer, Mimi Marchand played no role in this case. It “acted as a journalist who had the exclusivity of this interview with Mr. Takieddine“, said Mr. Toby on Saturday. “She only organized the photos and the interview, within the scope of her job”, she explained. Michèle Marchand was, however, also indicted for “criminal association with a view to committing an organized gang fraud“and placed under judicial control. “She firmly disputes the alleged facts”, underlined Me Caroline Toby.
Five other people were also taken into police custody Thursday in this investigation. Paris Match journalist François de Labarre was released in the evening, without prosecution at this stage. Among the four others, still Saturday at the end of the morning being presented to justice for an indictment, are the advertiser Arnaud de la Villesbrunne, former director of the Publicis agency, the businessman Pierre Reynaud and Noël Dubus, a man already convicted of fraud.
On the same subject
The most read articles
You may use it to go to a restaurant on June 9: by the way, what does the QR code mean?
She won “Koh-Lanta: secret weapons”: the beautiful revenge of Maxine Eouzan
LIVE – 2,525 patients in intensive care, indicators continue to drop
UFOs: the US government report that leaves room for doubt
REVIVE – Maxine wins “Koh-Lanta: the secret weapons” against Lucie
defends the ambition of information
verified and accessible to all thanks to the income of the
To help us maintain this free service you can “change your choice” and accept all cookies.
MODIFY AND ACCEPT ALL