Rampage in Norway: man (37) with a bow and arrow kills 5 people

October 14, 2021 – 2:00 p.m. clock

Drama in Kongsberg southwest of Oslo / Norway

Five people were killed and two others injured in an act of violence in Kongsberg, southern Norway. The Norwegian police announced on Wednesday evening. The alleged lone perpetrator, who, according to the police, is a 37-year-old Dane who lives in Kongsberg, was caught. The Norwegian secret service now classified the act as an act of terrorism.

Act of violence in Norway: rampage with a bow and arrow

Kongsberg is located about 80 km southwest of Oslo in Norway.

© RTL

The act took place around 6.15 p.m. in the center of the city of Kongsberg, which is located around 80 kilometers southwest of Oslo. Several people reported to the police at 6.13 p.m. that an armed man was moving through the city and shooting people with a bow and arrow. Several media reported a supermarket as a place of the action.

RTL reporter Martin Drohsel in front of the alleged perpetrator’s house

Four women and one man are killed

October 13, 2021, Norway, Kongsberg: Police officers are investigating in the center of Kongsberg after an act of violence. Several people were killed and injured in the act of violence. Photo: Håkon Mosvold Larsen / NTB / dpa +++ dpa-Bildfunk +++

Violence near Oslo

© dpa, Håkon Mosvold Larsen, pat

According to police, the five fatalities are four women and one man, all between the ages of 50 and 70. There are also two injured people who were taken to hospital. Police chief Øyvind Aas said at a press conference that there was no information on whether their life was in danger. One of the two injured is a police officer who was not on duty. Those affected would receive psychological care, Aas said.

According to RTL information, injured people are also said to have been admitted to the surrounding hospitals with stab wounds. After the arrest, the police confirmed that the perpetrator was armed with a knife in addition to a bow and arrow.

At this point in time, it still looks as if the 37-year-old is a lone perpetrator. No further perpetrators are searched for. The situation was initially confusing. Many emergency services had been sent to Kongsberg from many different places, both police officers and pastors, Aas said.

A resident of Kongsberg told NTB news agency that she heard the alarm go off in a supermarket. She didn’t think much about it. But then she also heard police cars and ambulances. The police searched garages and backyards in the city center with flashlights in the evening.

Amok run in Norway: Suspected perpetrator brought to Drammen in custody

Images that have appeared on Twitter show arrows that are believed to have come from the perpetrator.

Images that have appeared on Twitter show arrows that are believed to have come from the perpetrator.

© Twitter

The alleged perpetrator, who lives in Kongsberg, has meanwhile been brought to Drammen in custody. There is still great police activity in the area around the operational area. That is because the person has also moved in a large area. Traces are saved in order to be able to reconstruct the course of the crime in the best possible way.

The background initially remained unclear. According to the police, it was still too early to answer the question of whether it could have been a terrorist-motivated act.

Eyewitness: “I heard death screams”

The eyewitness accounts are frightening. On “TV2” one reports that he heard loud screams from women: “I’ve never heard anything like that, they weren’t normal screams, they were death screams”.

Mayor of Kongsberg: “I have no words”

Kari Anne Sand, Mayor of Kongsberg, comments on the terrible crime on Norwegian television that night.

Kari Anne Sand, Mayor of Kongsberg, speaks about the terrible crime that night, including on Norwegian television.

© NO TV2

Kari Anne Sand, Mayor of Kongsberg, spoke in the evening about the terrible events that have taken place in her city. “This is a tragedy for all concerned. I have no words,” the mayor told the Norwegian newspaper “Verdens Gang”. Norway’s outgoing Prime Minister Erna Solberg was “shocked” by the fact. “Our thoughts go first of all to those affected and their relatives,” said Solberg late on Wednesday evening at a press conference called at short notice in Oslo.

Norway with a sad history of rampage

Norway experienced the worst terrorist attack in modern history ten years ago. On July 22, 2011, right-wing terrorist Anders Behring Breivik detonated a bomb hidden in a white van in the government district of Oslo, killing eight people in the process.

He then drove to the island of Utøya, about 30 kilometers away, where he pretended to be a police officer and opened fire on the participants in the annual summer camp of the youth organization of the Social Democratic Labor Party.

69 people, mostly teenagers and young adults, were killed on Utøya. Breivik named right-wing extremist and Islamophobic motives for his actions. He was sentenced to a long prison term in August 2012.(dpa / csc)

Source

Rampage Norway man bow arrow kills people

 
For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News
 

PREV Total revolution in Ligue 1, Drogba regales the Vélodrome, prison for Lucas Hernandez … the imma … – Onze Mondial
NEXT Weather: a lot of wind and rain this weekend