Australian F1 and motorcycle Grand Prix canceled

For the second year in a row, the Australian Formula 1 and MotoGP Grand Prix have been canceled. This is the consequence of the logistical constraints generated by the restrictions on entry into Australian territory due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

“We understand the challenge for Australia of international travel restrictions and the importance of vaccination,” said Paul Little, President of the Australian Grand Prix Corporation.

The F1 Grand Prix, which usually opens the season, had already been moved to November 21 in Melbourne and that of MotoGP to October 24 at the Phillip Island circuit.

F1 boss Stefano Domenicali said he was “confident” that he could find another home for his sport to replace Australia in order to “offer a 23-race season”, as initially planned.

In 2020, the F1 race was canceled at the last minute in the early hours of the new coronavirus after the discovery of a positive case at McLaren, while free practice was about to begin. For the same reasons, the 2020 MotoGP Australian Rand Prix was subsequently canceled.

Australia, one of the countries having best controlled Covid-19 in the world, with barely 30,000 people infected since the start of the pandemic, maintains a very strict health protocol: everyone arriving from abroad must observe a quarantine 14 days.

Paradoxically, most Australian stadiums have reopened and welcome the public. But the country is currently worried about a renewed epidemic linked to the highly contagious variant Delta.

Source

Australian motorcycle Grand Prix canceled

 
For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News
 

PREV the ordeal of children stranded on language stays abroad
NEXT Covid-19: Martinique confined for 3 weeks from Friday evening