COVID TRAVEL CERTIFICATE – Since June 9, travelers must justify a compelling reason to go on vacation in countries classified orange for the unvaccinated and red for the entire population. Here is the list of compelling reasons for countries classified orange and red and the links to download the travel certificate and fly this summer.
[Mis à jour le 18 juin 2021 à 10h38] Do you want to travel outside the EU this summer? Note that the “compelling reason” required by France to travel beyond Europe is no longer relevant for travelers who have received their two doses of vaccine (or their single dose depending on the case) since 9 June 2021. However, the flow of travelers between France and foreign countries is reopened according to modalities that vary depending on the health situation of third countries and the vaccination of travelers.
Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne has indeed unveiled the list of countries classified in green, orange and red which determines the terms of travel since June 9.
As of June 17, 2021, the countries classified in the “green” zone are those of the European Area (European Union, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Holy See and Switzerland) as well as Australia, Canada, South Korea, the United States, Israel, Japan, Lebanon, New Zealand and Singapore. When arriving in France, any traveler over 11 from a green country is required to either have a negative PCR or antigen test of less than 72 hours or proof of their vaccination. Coming from or going to these countries, no compelling reasons are required.
If passengers from or to a green country can now travel by presenting their health passport or a negative PCR test if they are not vaccinated, a compelling reason will be asked of unvaccinated travelers for areas classified as “orange” (most of the countries of the world, including the Maghreb) and for all travelers, vaccinated or not, for areas classified “red” (Turkey, India, South Africa, Brazil …).
Compelling reasons of a personal or family nature:
- Foreign national joining their country
- Death of a direct line family member (grandparents, parents, children as well as siblings) or visit to a life-threatening person, for direct line family members. Required documents: act or certificate of death, medical certificate establishing the situation of the person whose prognosis is vital, proof of family ties
- Vital medical emergency (for the person as well as an accompanying person if their presence is essential). Required documents: medical certificate, proof of scheduled hospitalization, etc.
- Travel to France as part of the exercise of custody rights recognized by court decision. Required documents: court decision and supporting document for the place of residence
- Summons by a judicial or administrative authority. Required document: summons by administrative or judicial authority
- Legal or economic impossibility of remaining in the territory in which the person is located or execution of a measure of expulsion from the territory. Required documents: Expiring residence permit, act of dismissal, etc.
- Participation in a university exchange program. Required document: certificate of education established by the establishment
Compelling professional reasons:
- Missions essential to the pursuit of an economic activity, requiring an on-site presence which cannot be postponed and whose postponement or cancellation would have manifestly disproportionate consequences or
would be impossible. Required documents: employer’s certificate, professional card for international freight transport crews, international passenger transport, international maritime transport.
- Health or research professional contributing to the fight against Covid 19 or participating in cooperation operations of major interest in health. Required document: professional card.
- One-off missions related to the exercise of public power prerogatives (including diplomatic missions and missions essential for the continued execution of operational contracts of the armed forces or military bodies)
cannot be postponed or postponed. Required document: professional card, mission order.
- High level professional athlete for participation in meetings validated by the Ministry of Sports. Required document: professional card, certificate issued by the organizer in conjunction with the Ministry of Sports.
The exit document from the territory such as that of entry from a country outside the European area (i.e. outside the European Union plus Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland or the Vatican) specifies the authorized reasons:
- Compelling health reason: “vital medical emergency” (for the person as well as an accompanying person if his / her presence is essential) and on presentation of documents: medical certificate, proof of a scheduled hospitalization, etc …
- Compelling family or personal reason: death of a family member in the direct line of a brother or sister, visit to a person whose prognosis is in danger (for family members in the direct line ) and upon presentation of an act or certificate of death or a medical certificate. But also: custody of children by the parent vested with parental authority or whose right of custody is recognized by a court decision (on presentation of the court decision and proof of address), summons by an authority judicial or administrative (on presentation of the summons). Legal or economic impossibility to stay on the territory (on presentation of a redundancy document or an expiring residence permit). Finally, students at the start, resumption or end of a study cycle will also be able to cross borders on presentation of a school certificate established by the French or foreign establishment.
- Compelling professional reasons: – missions essential to an economic activity (including transport professionals) on presentation of a certificate from the employer, health professional contributing to the fight against Covid-19 or a cooperation action of major interest in matters of health (on presentation of the professional card), one-off public sector missions (including diplomatic missions) on presentation of a mission order, high-level professional athletes for participation in sporting events and on presentation of a professional card and a certificate issued by the organizer.
Do you want to leave French territory? It all depends on your destination. If you wish to join a country in the European area, no document is required at the start as specified on the website of the Ministry of the Interior. “The exit of the metropolitan territory towards a country of the European space is not the object of restrictions.“If you wish to travel to another country, you will need to bring a duly completed travel and travel certificate accompanied by a supporting document stating the overriding reason for your trip. The certificate is available online and can be downloaded directly. below.
The travel and travel certificate for leaving France
The travel and travel certificate for leaving France (Word format)
This concerns the member countries of the European Union but also Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland or the Vatican. You will also need to bring the negative result of a PCR test less than 72 hours before departure. Road carriers are exempt from this obligation, but also border workers and “residents of border basins within a radius of 30 kilometers from their home.” To this negative PCR test, a duly completed sworn declaration must be added. No compelling reason is indicated in this case. A declaration is also to be completed for children under 11 years old. It certifies in both cases that the traveler declares on his honor not to have presented, during the last 48 hours, any of the following symptoms:
- fever or chills
- a cough or an increase in my usual cough
- unusual fatigue
- unusual shortness of breath when talking or straining
- unusual muscle pain and / or stiffness
- unexplained headaches,
- loss of taste or smell
- unusual diarrhea.
- declares on their honor that they are not aware of having been in contact with a confirmed case of covid-19 in the fourteen days preceding departure; undertake on my honor to submit to an antigen test or a possible biological examination on arrival.
You can find the documents to download directly below.
Declaration on honor for any entry into France from a European country (excluding the United Kingdom)
Certificate on honor for any entry into France from a European country (excluding the United Kingdom) for children under 11
All travel from the United Kingdom is now subject to compelling reasons, the only ones authorized to justify travel from the territory of the United Kingdom. A certificate must be completed and associated with the presentation of the result of a negative PCR test dating less than 72 hours.
The certificate of travel and travel from the territory of the United Kingdom
The travel and travel certificate for leaving France (Word format)
The certificate of travel and travel outside the European area
Certificate of travel and travel outside the European area (Word format)
A certificate is also required and must be completed, mentioning the overriding reason for your trip. It will be necessary to add the presentation of a negative result to a PCR test dating from less than 72 hours and to commit to a voluntary isolation of 7 days on his arrival on the national territory.
The travel and travel certificate from a non-EU country where the virus does not circulate
Travel and travel certificate from a non-EU country where the virus does not circulate (Word format)
Travelers from Australia, South Korea, Japan, New Zealand, Rwanda, Singapore and Thailand, countries not classified as a virus infection circulation zone, are subject to under the rules of overriding reasons, whether they are French nationals, nationals of a member country of the European area or of any other State. A certificate must be completed and associated with the presentation of the result of a negative PCR test dating less than 72 hours.