A single new case of COVID-19 has been added to the daily toll in Bas-Saint-Laurent, which now has only 43 active cases throughout its territory. This case is located in the MRC of Rimouski-Neigette.
If the number of hospitalizations related to COVID-19 remains stable in Rimouski with 6, one person less is in intensive care where the authorities count only two. No new deaths are reported (50).
Case by MRC:
Since the start of the pandemic, the Department of Public Health has counted a total of 3,936 cases, of which 3,843 cases are considered to have been recovered. There were 469 drug tests performed on Wednesday.
Outbreaks in living environments are stable in Bas-Saint-Laurent. Thus, 5 residents and 1 worker are affected at the Bonséjour residence in Saint-Jean-de-Dieu and 7 residents and 1 worker are infected at the Havre La Fontaine residence in Rivière-du-Loup.
NATIONAL BALANCE SHEET
The most recent data on the evolution of COVID-19, in the last 24 hours, in Quebec, show:
– 189 new cases, for a total of 372,476 infected people;
– 359,104 people recovered;
– 2 new deaths – for a total of 11,166 deaths, i.e.:
0 deaths in the last 24 hours,
1 death before June 3,
1 death on an unknown date
– 251 hospitalizations, a decrease of 6 compared to the previous day;
– 64 people in intensive care, an increase of 4 compared to the previous day;
– 24,652 samples taken on June 8.
– 87,713 doses administered are added, ie 84,936 in the last 24 hours and 2,777 before June 9, for a total of 6,385,517 doses administered in Quebec. Outside Quebec, a total of 12,531 doses were administered, for a cumulative total of 6,398,048 doses received by Quebecers.
– 7,086,249 doses received in total.
– The 21,700 doses of Moderna expected this week were delivered yesterday.